Prescription Refill Policy
Our clinicians participate in electronic prescribing directly to your local and mail order pharmacies. Our goal is to assist patients with refill requests in an efficient manner. In order to process your request as quickly as possible, please see the details of our prescription refill policy.
- Maintaining current pharmacy information is the responsibility of the patient. Please notify our office of changes to your preferred pharmacy.
- Routine refill requests should be discussed with the clinician during a regularly scheduled office visit. Scheduling office visits prior to running out of medication is the patient’s responsibility.
- Prescription refill requests should be electronically submitted from the pharmacy directly to the office.
- Patients requesting new prescriptions must be seen for an appointment by a clinician.
- Antibiotics are not prescribed over-the-phone. Patients who request an antibiotic will be directed to schedule an appointment.
- Routine refill requests and prescriptions classified as controlled substances are not processed after hours or on the weekends.
- Some prescription refills will require a follow-up appointment in the office prior to authorization. The clinician will review the request from the pharmacy, as well as the patient’s medical record, to determine appointment needs. The patient will be contacted by the staff to schedule such appointment, if necessary.
- Please allow 48-72 hours to process prescription requests. Medications requiring pre-authorization may require additional time to process. Please plan ahead for refills during holidays and when traveling.
- Replacement prescriptions may incur a fee of $15 per prescription.