Our program is designed for long-term weight control with a focus on sustainable healthy lifestyle habits. We offer medical monitoring, low carbohydrate/ketogenic nutritional programs, behavioral strategies for lifestyle changes, and physical activity guidance.
- Our program is physician supervised by Medical Doctors with board certification in Obesity Medicine by the American Board of Obesity Medicine
- The mainstay of the approach consists of education and coaching to help patients modify habits and choices regarding foods with selective, individualized use of meal replacements and weight loss medications.
- The program utilizes clinical assessment including review of medical symptoms, vital signs, anthropomorphic measurements, bio-electric body composition measurement, and blood testing for assessment of metabolic health. These assessments are done for the purposes of:
- individualizing diet and medication recommendations
- improving tracking of progress
- assuring patient safety
- When additional, specialized approaches are required for assessment and management of mental health, exercise, or surgical needs, patients are referred to the appropriate specialists outside of the program.
Steps in our Weight Loss Program
The medically supervised weight loss program is structured and personalized. Following a physical exam, complete review of medical history, lab results and EKG, each patient works with our physicians to receive a personalized, intensive plan.
- Initial assessment visit by Dr. Eric Thorn
- Group instructional class
- One-on-one follow up visits for health coaching by a registered nurse
- Follow up visits with the Obesity Medicine physician for medical assessment and treatment