What are the benefits of the Hospitalist Program?
- Have specific expertise in caring for acutely ill patients in the hospital setting.
- Are available in-house 24/7 to see you quickly, or to address any emergent issues.
- Are available to talk to your families during the day.
- Work closely with the nurses and hospital staff to make your stay as streamlined and safe as possible.
- Work closely with our specialists in coordinating the care you need.
- Work closely with case managers so that your after-discharge needs are set up and met.
- Work with your primary care doctor to keep them informed, particularly upon discharge. After your discharge, your care will be assumed by your primary care doctor. If you do not have one, we will give you a referral.
The hospitalist group is here for you. We are a resource to keep you fully informed about your care plan and any diagnostic findings. You and your hospitalist physician are the “quarterbacks” of your inpatient care team and we will help guide you through your entire hospital stay. The best way to contact your hospitalist is through your nurse. We want to make sure all of your questions and concerns are addressed. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to improve!