We Are Ready to Care for You Safely
Ensuring Your Safety
During this unprecedented time due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Virginia Hospital Center Physician Group continues to provide compassionate care for all patients. We have taken careful steps to ensure that each of our practice locations offers a safe environment for in-person appointments by expanding our safety measures and adhering to federal and state executive orders and guidance.
The Virginia Hospital Center Physician Group has worked on a safe plan for resuming in-person patient care which includes:
- Access to COVID-19 testing, when clinically indicated
- Ensuring adequate supplies of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for staff and providers
- Implementing enhanced safety protocols such as universal masking, temperature assessments, and screening questionnaires for precautions for all patients
- Intensified cleaning of patient care, staff and waiting areas
While we understand community concern about visiting hospitals or physician offices during the COVID-19 pandemic, we urge you not to delay seeking care for acute or urgent symptoms or injuries.
In addition, the management of your overall health is equally as important. We will continue to offer face to face and Video Telehealth visits for routine concerns and management of chronic medical conditions.
Please contact us to discuss your appointment options and questions:
- To schedule an appointment call 703.717.7100.
- For information on our Video Telehealth Visits, please click here.
- For COVID-19 Information, please click here.
- For information on our Drive-Through COVID-19 Sample Collection Site, please click here.
- Primary Care information, please click here.
- Specialty Care information, please click here.
- Immediate Care information, please click here.
Preparing for Your Appointment
Virginia Hospital Center and the Virginia Hospital Center Physician Group continue to support patients and address their healthcare concerns during the COVID-19 pandemic. If you have an urgent need, please do not delay care, whether it is COVID-19 related or not. We have taken precautions to ensure we can safely care for you.
Below are details about our scheduling process and visit preparation process. Following these measures will help keep you, your care team and all of our patients safe.
Prior to Arriving
- We will ask you a few questions when you schedule your appointment to help identify any symptoms or recent exposures you may have had to COVID-19.
- We will call you 12 to 48 hours prior to your appointment to repeat these questions. If any concerns are identified, our medical support team will provide medical advice and determine if we need to update your appointments.
During your appointment
- For the safety of you and others, no visitors will be allowed in the hospital setting or Emergency Department, with limited exceptions.
- Visitors will be limited in the outpatient clinics. Patients may have one individual accompany them in situations where the patient is cognitively or physically limited, for all minors, and when the provider has requested someone accompany the patient.
- All patients, visitors and staff are required to wear a mask to slow the spread of COVID-19. We will provide you with a mask upon your arrival.
- All patients and visitors will have their temperature checked upon arrival to the Hospital or our outpatient clinics.
- We also ask that you not bring children under age 13 unless they are actively receiving care in the clinic setting.
- Due to additional screening activities when entering VHC buildings, please allow extra time upon arrival (approximately 15 minutes).
Thank you for entrusting us with your care.