A Video Visit is a way for providers and patients to connect and have scheduled appointments through the use of a smartphone, tablet, or computer. Please follow these guidelines to ensure a successful Video Visit experience.
You must have an active MyVHC Patient Portal account for your Video Visit. If you do not have an account, please request an activation code to sign-up for MyVHC.
Get Ready for Your Video Visit
Complete these steps at least one day prior to your appointment
1. Select the device you will be using for your Video Visit
You will need access to your MyVHC Patient Portal account for your Video Visit.
For optimal video visit experience, please download the MyVHC Mobile App onto your smartphone or tablet.
- You can access your MyVHC account on your web browser here.
- Supported browsers include Chrome, FireFox, Microsoft Edge, and Safari. Internet Explorer is not supported.
2. Complete the eCheck-In Process in MyVHC
In your MyVHC account, click on the eCheck-In button to complete the eCheck-In process, including authorizing your co-pay and signing your consent forms.
- Log in to your MyVHC account
- Access the Appointments section, and click on your upcoming Video Visit appointment
- Click on “Confirm” to confirm your Video Visit appointment.
- Click on “eCheck-In” and follow the instructions to eCheck-In.
- Carefully read and follow the Video visit instructions prior to your appointment.
3. Test your hardware
Ensure that your device’s camera, microphone, and speakers are working by testing them in MyVHC.
- In the Appointments section, and click on your upcoming Video Visit appointment
- “Test Hardware” and follow the instructions to eCheck-In.
If needed, you can repeat this test on the day of your appointment up to 15 minutes prior to your start time.
4. Disable your pop-up blocker
Pop-up blockers on your computer, smartphone, or tablet will need to be disabled prior to your appointment.
More detailed instructions: Disabling Your Pop-Up Blocker
Starting Your Video Visit
Complete this step up to 15 minutes prior to your appointment
5. Click “Begin Video Visit” to start your appointment
- Starting 15 minutes prior to your appointment time, the “Begin Video Visit” button will be enabled for you to click and start the Video Visit. Please on the video visit for 15 minutes past the appointment time, in the event the provider is running behind.
- If prompted, please allow the use of your microphone and camera. Check your signal strength.
If you are within 15 minutes of your appointment time and the Begin Video Visit is not enabled, please ensure that you have completed eCheck-In and all of the steps above, and refresh your page.